In front of such a simple yet delicious recipe such as Bucatini all’Amatriciana my twisting obsession can only go so far as to turn the pasta into a scrumptious bruschetta. I’m telling you: this will quickly become your go-to starter or a party favourite!
- 1 rustic loaf of bread (think of ciabatta or sourdough bread)
- 2-3 fresh plum tomatoes
- 50 g of thinly sliced guanciale
- 20 g thinly shaved pecorino cheese
- 1 chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 1-2 clove of garlic
- olive oil
You will need
- 1 knife, a broiler and/or a frying pan
Cut your tomatoes in bite size chunks and scatter them over the slice of bread along with a few tiny bits of chili pepper. Add several paper-thin slices of guanciale and place under the broiler until the cured pork crisps up.